Finally Got her on stilts!

rdfoster

Active User
Registered
I just got my hoist back from my son so I could raise my PM1236 to my height. Was a piece of cake with the hoist and the bases prepared. I still have to fasten it to the concrete floor and level it but at least I got the hard part done.
20130730_160840.jpg20130730_160854.jpg

20130730_160840.jpg 20130730_160854.jpg

Looks good! Nothing worse than having to be bent over while working, your back will thank you. Now you just need to modify your foot brake.

No, she doesn't have a name except when something goes wrong and I can't say what it might be here on the forum. My wife has to name almost everything but I can be satisfied by referring to my lathe as a PM1236.
Yes she is too short just like my wife but at least I can do something about my lathe. I try to get my wife to were high heels but the highest she will wear is about 1" heels. She won't climb a ladder either though she would fly my plane at 6 or 8 thousand feet.

What would be a good way to modify the brake?

Thanks for your help:

Bob

Maybe you could make another brake pedal and locate it below on the risers you made and attach the two with some kind of linkage on each end. That way you don't have to modify your new lathe.

Nice hunky pieces of tube steel there! As far as the brake is concerned, is really all that bad with it a few inches higher up? Of course, it's a personal choice but, it wouldn't bother me leaving where it is now as long as it still functions...

Ray

Ray if he makes any changes to it, will his warranty still be OK? I have seen clauses in some manuals where it says any alterations will void the warranty. Maybe lift your leg higher, good exercise :whistle:

No, no warranty problems except for the left base if he cuts a hole through the bottom of it to pass some linkage through. That would be difficult because the base has a heavy strut right there. -Way too much trouble. The unit otherwise would still be under warranty.

Ray

Ray if he makes any changes to it, will his warranty still be OK? I have seen clauses in some manuals where it says any alterations will void the warranty. Maybe lift your leg higher, good exercise :whistle:

I was thinking maybe a couple heim joints connected only to the original pedal on each end and building a new pedal attached to his tubing risers. I wouldn't modify it so it couldn't be put back to its original condition. There may be some easy points of attachment on the pedal already, It just looked like a shin buster at the current height but maybe not. Depends if your comfortable with it there.

Back