Finally Found One

Comet/Mighty are still in business. They were kind enough to provide me with manuals on a lathe I acquired not long ago. I can PM you the email address for the guy I dealt with if you need it. Unfortunately, for the parts I needed (taper attachment, complete) they were not able to help me, but they were very cordial. I have run and been around several Comet VMC's and they always seemed to be pretty solid machines. I wouldn't mind having one. I've seen, but not run a manual Comet, but if they are all based on the same quality program, they are pretty decent Taiwanese machines, and many are still in production.

As far as interchangeable parts with original Bridgeports, it's always a gamble, but a fair one. I wish there was a way to know exactly which parts would interchange and which would not. I have an older Taiwanese clone, and it could use a little work, but I am not sure enough to start buying parts which may or may not fit. I can't have the mill down for long. Plus atm, I'm out of commission as far as any shop work goes, including maintenance. I can't even get out to the shop to get on my main CAD machine and do some design work I need to do. I need a ATV/4WD wheelchair LoL!
I too need a 4x4 wheelchair, gonna build one I think.

Back