FINALLY bought a mill

A static converter should work fine for both machines - assuming the motors are both the same size.

Congratulations that looks like a great mill and lathe!
"Instant" shop......except the part about wanting it for so long......
-brino

I finally got the gumption to turn over the table and look at it and it is spotless. No holes or gouges. I DO have the gib and it is in good shape as well.
I will hopefully have them in the shop this weekend. They have been sitting in my driveway tarped for 10 days now

I have finally purchased a mill after wanting one since I learned to walkFlustered
It is an Excello early model in really good shape and I got it for practically nothing 400.oo
Nice score. You will like it. It is beefier than a Bridgeport.

$400. Seriously. How in tarnation do people find scores like that? Seems like if I found a mill around here for $400 it would be one of those Harbor Freight ones AND the table would be missing.. LOL.

Congrats on our purchase. Looks like you have a very nice shop there.

How did you get your garage so clean? I have to tie a rope around my waist and tie other end to a fire plug before I go in. Sometimes I use bread crumbs if I know exactly what I'm looking for, No seriously for $400.00 bucks great deal ( personal note ) I've drank more than $400 in a airport bar (once ) Hell my first car was only $300.00 congrats

I guess I just got lucky on the mill... or so I thought until I hooked it up this morning and turned it on. It did run but was very noisy and smoked badly. It had sat in a garage untouched for twenty years before I bought it so I am guessing the belt is shot. I would like to take the motor off and get it checked out by someone and while I am at it clean everything up.
It looks like it will be a couple of months before I get the parts I am missing anyway. The previous owner swears he has the parts but they are buried in a 18 wheeler trailer full of yard sale crap. They seem nice and sincere about getting me the parts I just have to wait but I dont mind. It will give me time to get it cleaned up and running proper.
If anyone on here has any information on replacing the belt on a early excello 602 PLEASE pass it along.
Thanks... Dave
Also I need to replace one of the way lube lines. Where can I get some of that very small copper tubing?

Hey Dawner, My garage is only clean in that one spot because I threw everything on the other side. Now it's really bad.

Back