Fellow Taig Lathe Users?

ogberi

Active User
Registered
Hi All!

Wondering if there are any active Taig users out there?

I have what used to be a Taig lathe, motor was changed, output is now a spiraled gear with a single groove pulley crammed onto it so I only have one speed. I have used it on occasion, but don't often because I have other lathes more easy to use. I guess I'm active but the Taig lathe isn't.

I do have a Taig lathe wich I use regularly for clock work.

I have a Taig lathe and mill I use for all kinds of things. Great hobby. Good for the soul.

Chip

I bought a used Taig lathe without a motor. It does have a tailstock with chuck, a steady rest, 3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck, and the milling attachment. I have just completed setting it up with a Treadmill motor for power. Seems like a good little lathe. The accessories are reasonable. I just bought a ER16 collett adapter to fit my 3/4" threaded spindle. I also bought a set of cheap collets.

How is the motor working out for you? Have you made any upgrades to your equipment?

The treadmill motor works great on the Taig lathe. I use a treadmill controller with a potentiometer to control a wide range of speeds.

I have had one for 20 years. It was my only lathe for a long time. I still use it for small diameters. I have two others (6" & 12") but for some jobs it is the most suited.

I recently acquired a Taig lathe. I am still in the process of setting it up. It came with a motor, but no motor mount. Feels like a great little tool.

I've had my Taig lathe for over twenty years and am now setting up a Taig milling machine. Started using the lathe to make pens while temporarily living in an apartment and now use it for lots of small stuff.

Back