Favorite 4” Verniers???

Fowler & General both offer 4" vernier calipers. Both are probably made in China though if that matters to you. The Fowlers are $32 on Amazon.

Sounds like you want to avoid digital (due to bulk & battery?). I have a 4" Mitutoyo digital, battery lasts for years. These don't get used in the shop though, they live in the house/my room.

I also have an older 4" HF digital, of course the cheap China ones are battery eaters. I keep it around if I need to take em to the store or somewhere away from home so I don't have to take my good calipers.

Mitutoyo 4" digital calipers are full size, meaning the jaws & read head are the same size as 6" just shorter in length. They also have the thumb wheel. Cheap China 4" digital calipers are not full size, jaws are smaller, & no thumb wheel, so they're more compact.
That Fowler is almost exactly what I’m after, just hoping for something with a metric scale also. My 6” has both, but no idea who made it or when. Got it at a flea market in Germany about 25 years ago…

That Fowler is almost exactly what I’m after, just hoping for something with a metric scale also. My 6” has both, but no idea who made it or when. Got it at a flea market in Germany about 25 years ago…
Maybe Helios/Pressier? No idea if they made a 4"/100mm vernier.

I have seen 100mm verniers but not with both metric & inch scales. Those are usually on 6" & 7" verniers.

I did just find these though but would have to order from the UK. RDG Tools, a reputable vendor, I have bought things from them a few times.

4"/100mm made by Dasqua. Never heard of them before so I looked em up. Looks like an Italian company but the price is really low so not sure of the quality & you know what that means where they're made. Possibly India as they popped up on Indiamart also. However, they have the useless (IMO) 1/128" divisions rather than .001".

https://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog...r-caliper-0-100mm---0-4--1120-3114-10630.html

Or if you want to go through ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353572576241

Back