Farmall cub and Cub Cadet plows

electromecch31

Registered
Registered
First off I have a 1948 Farmall cub with 3pt adapter, I also have a 1968 125 cub cadet. Both runs excellent. I would like some feedback on what are my options for plows. I want to make a larger Garden it was in a heavy clay in sod right now.
Would he brinely 12" be the best option for the farmall and also cub cadet?
I've already looked on the farm all called and cub cadet forum for this problem.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

My father once had a Cub with the IH version, under-mounted 12" plow. The tractor had no hydraulics and you had to lift the plow by hand. As I recall, the Cub grunted pretty hard when working heavy soil.

My brother has a Farmall 100 (similar to an "A") also with the IH proprietary under-mount 12". I believe these are often used in plowing contests since it affords the driver very precise control of the plow track. My experience with the 100 is that you have to run in 2nd gear to get the sod to overturn properly. This engine (which I think is somewhat higher powered than the Cub) also snorts pretty good in heavy soil. It is easy to spin the wheels if you try to set the plow too deep. The 100 can quickly recover from this since the forward hydraulics raise the drawbar which quickly takes a more shallow cut and reduces the pull. I have no experience with a 3 point hitch version.

I am trying to envision coming up with enough traction for a Cadet to pull a 12" in heavy soil.
Maybe another member out there has one and can comment.

Terry S.

Well Id say a 12 inch would be too much if you dont have the hydro lift option on the 125. I run a 10 on my 106 and 582 and it dosnt have the hydro lift option. My 1872 and 2072 I run 12's on them. Feel free to email me if I can help with the cadet. The farmall I cant help you with.

Heres a pic from my plow day a few weeks ago, most everyone was running 10's except the bigger garden tractors they were running 12's
6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 048.jpg6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 081.jpg6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 115.jpg6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 234.jpg6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 247.jpg

6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 048.jpg 6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 081.jpg 6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 115.jpg 6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 234.jpg 6th REDNECK PLOWDAY 247.jpg

I make heavy duty sleeve hitch adapters ( and other parts ) for cub cadets.

Here's an extended version with a longer double drilled lift pin that's made to clear the roto tiller mount.
DCP_6152.jpg

Jeff

I know Jeff well, over the phone and from other forums, he dose nice work and has been a big help to me with my lathe schooling.

Thanks for the offer of fabrication. I do have a small shop and can make anything I need it's just not knowing what I need. I'm very much appreciate you guys showing me your solutions for my problem. Several heads are always better than one.
In the pictures was that a Brinley plow that they were showing. And I guess I didn't realize that they had a plow smaller then a 12 inch

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

I'd use the full-size Cub for plowing, if only because of ground clearance and weight issues.

If you have a 3-pt adapter on the Cub, I am assuming you also have hydraulics? Either way, a 12" single-bottom plow is pullable by the Cub.

On my '52 Cub, I use dual rear weights on each side, and single weights on the front wheels, and it works pretty well. I also use some mongo chains on my turf tires, because I don't have Ag tires on this tractor.

It's great to hear that 60CI engine grunt when it bears down!

Back