Extra Long Cross Slide

Pmma-Granville

Registered
Registered
Hello!
Not sure if this is the right place for this, could go in a few sections really, but anyway, my lathe came with an "extra long cross slide". It's smoother and has less backlash than the one on the lathe so I changed them over. Then when I went to change the compound onto the new cross slide it didn't fit! A bit of measuring and I found that the t slots on the existing cross slide are about 42.5mm apart (between approx centre of t slots) and on the extra long about 56mm apart. As far as I know the compound slide is original to the machine, so is this extra long cross slide an aftermarket made to fit a different compound slide? Or for a different purpose all together?

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Not knowing the lathe that this supposedly goes to can't really say much more. Moat of the time when you see something like this, it leads me to believe this was set up for either a milling attachment or use with multiple tool holders.

It goes on a small Granville lathe, wouldn't have thought it would be a robust enough lathe for milling!

IMG_0591.PNG
This is it.
Not my car by the way, that's actually the sellers picture which I saved when I planning to buy it!

Back