Extra Grip Albright 's

dlane

Active User
Registered
Dang shame, but they are smooth inside,

image.jpeg

Clean them up a little and use them if the insides are in good shape. Like they say, "Beauty is only skin deep"

Are they hardened? Could they be turned smooth?
R

They operate smoothly, don't have any arbors for them yet. They have gone thru the evaporust and relubed, I have 4 others not quite as bad that I am useing and a couple others that are frozen up
But can't bring myself to throw them out.

What exactly is this evaporust I keep reading about ? I've seen it mentioned numerous times on here . As far as the chucks , keep them !

Evaporust removes rust , leave parts in over nite , rinse / brush off with water dry, oil , no more rust.
It dose ware out and is less effective after multiple uses , it is environmentally safe, can be dumped down drain . Works good the first couple times but dose get old, about $15. A gallon at HF.

who cares what they look like as long as they work and are accurate? And if you do care, give them to someone who doesn't :)

I'm amazed that they are internally functional, and so externally corroded! Must have been well greased/oiled internally and then neglected.
Glad to see you refurbishing them.
If they really work, I'd leave the outer surfaces pitted but deburred. They have history, not good history, but history that needs to be told.
Buts that just the rantings of an old relic.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back