Exhaust for the shed

Bravo some of the noise could be from the blade passing the guard supports. Since it is up so high and won't be a danger try and take the grills off and see if that helps.

David

Bravo some of the noise could be from the blade passing the guard supports. Since it is up so high and won't be a danger try and take the grills off and see if that helps.

David
It's just a loud fan, I knew it would be. I have a little pwm motor controller that I can use so I can turn it up and down as needed.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I understand that you say it is a loud fan. However there are various reasons for the "loudness" Blade passing frequency is a biggy.

David

That will help you get rid of the smoke. Turn it down when you just need to remove the heat, to a level that keeps you comfortable.

If you ever come across a squirrel cage fan, they are usually quieter, and move a good amount of air. Sorry if I came off too hard. BTW heatalators are a good source of squirrel cages. I picked up one at a garage sale for $5.

Here's what I did. It really sucks:

12+-+3

12+-+5

12+-+3

I used a free blower from a decommissioned HVAC system. It sucks the door on the garage closed! Sucks the air from the hood from one side and ambient air from the other side. I highly recommend this system. If you don't need the duct, all the easier.

Robert

Last edited:
Hmmm, with all those wires coming out of the motor, that looks like what I have. Mine has 4 speeds. so you can really dial it in, but low is all I really need.

BTW did you use rock wool behind that sheet rock, it's a real good fire block, also insulates real well.. sound deadner, And not expensive..

Hmmm, with all those wires coming out of the motor, that looks like what I have. Mine has 4 speeds. so you can really dial it in, but low is all I really need.

BTW did you use rock wool behind that sheet rock, it's a real good fire block, also insulates real well.. sound deadner, And not expensive..

It looks like he went with gyp so he's still good with his fire rating. Noise? Whaaaat, wad, ya say? :)

It's loud on High but I usually run it on Medium. Still moves air well.
Robert

I don't weld inside, I have a wood floor. But it does get hot in my small outbuilding.
I opted to run with the Pink Panther and insulated the 4 walls and roof.

My A/C unit is rated at 4 times my floor space. Pre insulation it would not cool noticeably. Now it does.

But for those times of fumes(painting) I put 2 of those 19 inch Wal*mart fans in the window and open the door. I may have to point the fans in depending on the wind direction. I get winds that will stop those fans if they are blowing in to it.

When I replaced the condensing unit on home's AC, I kept the fan assembly. It is now mounted I the gable of my shop, to help pull air through. I live 2 block from the Gulf of Mexico and the extra air movement helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back