Excello mill

Eyerelief

Registered
Registered
I decided to try and replace the quill return spring on my late model 602 mill. I can't seem to find one anywhere so I got to wondering if a different spring would work / be modified to work. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement or the width and length of the quill return spring on the 602..........or where I might look for a NOS or used one?
Thanks

so little info.
I would think you would want to provide width, length if possible, weight ..
maybe a pic.
Just going by 602 limits your audience.

so little info.
I would think you would want to provide width, length if possible, weight ..
maybe a pic.
Just going by 602 limits your audience.
I surely apologize. Unfortunately, the broken spring was discarded long before I bought the machine. The manual shows an outline drawing of a side view but is likely not to scale and only appears as a small black and white box. That is why I had asked for length and width, I have nothing to go on. Maybe an impossible endeavor.

I surely apologize. Unfortunately, the broken spring was discarded long before I bought the machine. The manual shows an outline drawing of a side view but is likely not to scale and only appears as a small black and white box. That is why I had asked for length and width, I have nothing to go on. Maybe an impossible endeavor.
ah, my bad, I didn't notice you were asking for length/width. maybe I stopped reading b4 that.

you know a lot of the clones accept parts from other clones. obviously that's why your asking.
is it worth giving MSC or someone else a call and asking, or a machine reseller?

There is a guy in the Toronto area offering Excello parts for sale. Maybe he can help you.

chrome_screenshot_1635465046488.png

Last edited:
Thanks! I tried him but he said he was out of return springs. Appreciate the thought tho

These folks specialize in Bridgeport machines but are very knowledgeable and helpful. You might give them a call. Maybe a BP part will work for you.
Ted

Yeah H&W carriers a few things for the Excello.

Here is a generic one on E-bay. Maybe worth the 19 bucks to take a chance on it and see if you can make it work.

Thank you I have looked at a few on eBay and compared them with a pic of an original I will check with H&W Monday. If they can't help I will take a shot at one of the eBay units

Back