ERPT file help needed

E

ecdez

Forum Guest
Register Today
I have someone who sent me a file of something he wants made but it's in the erpt file format and the only reader I could find online had limited functions unless you bought the full version. I not buying solidworks for one file and he didn't generate the file but it's all he has so he's stuck too.

Is there anyone here who can open this file type who would be willing to open it, export it as an stl and send it back to me?

Thanks in advance.

I have SolidWorks 2010 and 2012. I will give it a try for you. PM me if you're interested.

I have access to SolidWorks 2015 if you run into any compatibility issues.
But might have to wait 'til the weekend so my son can walk me thru it.......:rolleyes:
-brino

Well, we tried it out and couldn't do anything with it. The file is an eDrawings format. If you can do something with that or want to try, let me know.

@ecdez

this site: https://www.lifewire.com/eprt-file-2621078

states:
  • A file with the EPRT file extension is an eDrawings file. It contains a representation of a 2D or 3D drawing generated from a CAD program.
  • The format is not only lightweight but also read-only, which means no changes can be done to the original model.
  • EPRT files can be opened on Windows and Mac with the free eDrawings Viewer software.
  • If you open an EPRT file in eDrawings Viewer, you can use the File > Save As... menu to convert the EPRT file to HTM, BMP, TIF, JPG, PNG, and GIF.
  • The SOLIDWORKS program I linked to above can be used to export the EPRT file to other CAD-related file formats like FBX, OBJ, DWG, and some other similar ones.
So I'm a little surprised that Bob couldn't do it.

If the file is small enough you could either PM it to me, or PM me for my email address.
I'll take a whack at it.
-brino

Sorry, ......wait, "ERPT" or "EPRT"?
I searched on what you said and found results on the other, but it also claimed to be an "eDrawings" file.....weird.

Either way, I'll try to help!

-brino

EPRT <--- just checked it. The title of the thread is wrong.

I tried using the viewer and it opened but it's not dimensioned so unless it's exported to scale it doesn't help.

I'll send you a PM.

Back