Erl-1340

Acra sells that lathe, it is available in a 1340C and 1440C size with a D1-4 spindle mount. I have had the ERL-1340 for around 2 years, it is a very nice lathe. If you are interested in the Acra version, I recommend contacting them directly (Tom usually does the sales) and you can usually get better pricing then through a distributor, below is links to the description/specs. Acra may have it in a 1340 version, really no difference between the 1340/1440 version other than headstock height is slightly larger. Kent also sells the same lathe but they call it the TRL-1340, they are all made by Sunmaster in Taiwan. The advantage of the QMT 1440TL is the 2.5" spindle bore and the one piece cast iron base, it is also 1000lbs heavier. I run BXA tooling on mine, because it is what I had, but both 1340/1440 really are sized for CXA. If you have some specific questions you can PM me. I modified mine so it is not stock, but they sell it in a standard 3 phase version (single speed or 2 speed motor) and a 2 speed VFD version.
ERL-1340 (2).jpg

Heard back from sun master in Taiwan. They recommend kent usa as their dealer. Will keep this thread posted on updates.

Sunmaster only sells through US distributors, and then some only have specific models that they sell. It comes down to availability and pricing at the end of the day. They are all good and reliable vendors. The machines are basically the same for a particular series (the the distributor model names are different then the Sunmaster listings), but different vendors may only stock certain models/configurations. I purchased mine w/o chucks because I already had them from my previous lathe and also I prefer Set-Tru types on my 3J and collet chucks, I also have a Bison 4J combination and a Taiwanese 4J independent. Before I bought mine, a friend in Tucson purchased a 1640TE from Acra, and I helped him set it up. May be worth reviewing his thread, although he is no longer a forum member.

Back