Erickson quick change 30

Wvlarry

Registered
Registered
I recently bought a Bridgeport series 1 with a 2J variable speed head that has a Erickson QC30 quick change quill. I am looking for a manual or and information on the Erickson such as what the 3 tapped holes are for on the.

Thanks

The holes are for a screw that limits the rotation of the lock ring. Only one hole is used, what ever one is in the best position to provide the shortest rotation to disengage the tool.
When the collar is loosened, the screw catches a step on the outside of the lock ring, rotating it to match up with the drive dogs so the tool can drop straight out.

The screws just keep the ring in place, I only have 2 of them in mine.

The spindle without the nut, the dogs align the tool.
1622588358503.png

With the nut installed, tool locked position. The ears at 10 and 4 o'clock hold the tool holder in place, the upper tabs contact the dogs to stop rotation of the lock ring.
1622588774968.png

In the release position, the holding tabs are aligned with the dogs, again the upper tabs contact the dogs to stop rotation. The upper tabs will also push the tool holder out as the nut is unscrewed. Sometimes a sharp rap on the nut is helpful to release the tool.
1622588983318.png

Derf, Jim, Thanks very much for the info. I do have some button head screws, I will try to play around with it tomorrow to get them cut to the proper length.

Thanks, Larry

Back