EOC-25/syoz-25 collet holder.

This is all great info. Without this community I’d be spending more money than I need to. Thank you all of you.

Received my "undersize" ER32 collets from SHARS: they look good, have the SHARS logo (and size range!) engraved on each one. I found a larger box and now have both the under- & over-size ones together:

20240314 Over Under ER32 Collets.jpeg
Now all I have to do is make a label for the box lid (yes, the collets are marked, but the marks are tiny).

Used a 1-1/4" OD SS tube with the end round to a bevel to push the holes in a piece of rigid foam (I have accumulated a handful of these tube/punches over the years - they work great):

20240314 1-1_4 Foam Punch.jpeg

Received my "undersize" ER32 collets from SHARS: they look good, have the SHARS logo (and size range!) engraved on each one. I found a larger box and now have both the under- & over-size ones together:

View attachment 482635
Now all I have to do is make a label for the box lid (yes, the collets are marked, but the marks are tiny).

Used a 1-1/4" OD SS tube with the end round to a bevel to push the holes in a piece of rigid foam (I have accumulated a handful of these tube/punches over the years - they work great):

View attachment 482636

View attachment 482635

View attachment 482636
I know exactly what you mean by the marks being too small. I bought a set of share er-16 from a pawn shop and I need a magnifying glass to confirm they were Shars. Those er-32 look great. Did you buy them through amazon or shars directly? The tube is a good idea as well.

I know exactly what you mean by the marks being too small. I bought a set of share er-16 from a pawn shop and I need a magnifying glass to confirm they were Shars. Those er-32 look great. Did you buy them through amazon or shars directly? The tube is a good idea as well.
The 1, 1.5 & 2mm I got "directly" from SHARS via Discount_Machine on eBay. The 21, 22, 23, 24 & 25mm I got 2 years ago from who is now GBJ-1, also on eBay. The over-size collets are shorter due to their internal diameter, but work perfectly; they also saved me from buying the significantly larger body ER40 chucks & more collets (but then, although ER40 officially goes up to 26mm, you can buy them up to 32mm on eBay).

The 1, 1.5 & 2mm I got "directly" from SHARS via Discount_Machine on eBay. The 21, 22, 23, 24 & 25mm I got 2 years ago from who is now GBJ-1, also on eBay. The over-size collets are shorter due to their internal diameter, but work perfectly; they also saved me from buying the significantly larger body ER40 chucks & more collets (but then, although ER40 officially goes up to 26mm, you can buy them up to 32mm on eBay).
Thank you.

Back