Entertainment Center Modifications

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Well, as usual I can not leave anything alone, IT HAS TO BE MODIFIED! This time it is my entertainment center. After just moving into my new house I needed to get my entertainment centers in proper order. Here is my record of how I modified and organized my entertainment centers. First lets look at the shelving, I ordered on of these The Shelf and Mounting. First I need a special size shelf so the glass shelves got replaced with custom wood ones. Then the bracket under one of them wasn't strong enough to support what I was putting on it. So I made a new aluminum bracket. But, this is just the start. I also had to modify the speaker mounts for my Bose system. Originally they were floor mounted stands. Here is what I started with.

The new design will be posted shortly.

Bose Speaker Mount - 5.JPG Bose Speaker Mount - 6.JPG Speaker Mount - 1.JPG

Here is the new design. It changes the mounting from vertical to horizontal. I used some two piece clamp collars.

Bose Speaker Mount - 1.JPG Bose Speaker Mount - 2.JPG Bose Speaker Mount - 4.JPG Bose Speaker Mount - 7.JPG Speaker Mount - 4.JPG Speaker Mount - 5.JPG Speaker Mount - 6.JPG

how on earth can you work on such a finely polished workbench ? I would loose most of the stuff I put on there just from the mirror effect. . . . :)

how on earth can you work on such a finely polished workbench ? I would loose most of the stuff I put on there just from the mirror effect. . . . :)

Hey David, Actually what you are looking at is just 1/16 sheet of black rubber on my tool chest. Check out my other thread to see the chest.

Also gang, here are shots of the final project.

Entertainment Center - 1.JPG Entertainment Center - 2.JPG

Here are pics of the Headphone bracket. I converted it from a base mount to the hanging mount that bolts directly to the back of the TV. It uses the same holes on the TV that stand would mount to.

Head Phones - 1.JPG Head Phones - 2.JPG Head Phones - 3.JPG Head Phones - 4.JPG

Back