Engraving Machine

What a glorious find! It'l take months, but it will be a beautiful machine when done!

Nice....can even start a small business with that making signs and plaques on the side for extra money.

I have a 3-U Gorton engraver, and really enjoy using it; plaques are one thing, but with a few accessories, you can make steel stamps, both flat and rotary, can engrave on curved surfaces, graduate scales and dials and many other neat stuff; just for kicks, I one time engraved my name in characters only .013 high, which was nothing! Gorton engraved the Lord's Prayer within a circle .005" in diameter; the characters were .00025" high and only several millionths deep; this was in the late 1930s when the 3-U model was introduced.

I have a 3-U Gorton engraver, and really enjoy using it; plaques are one thing, but with a few accessories, you can make steel stamps, both flat and rotary, can engrave on curved surfaces, graduate scales and dials and many other neat stuff; just for kicks, I one time engraved my name in characters only .013 high, which was nothing! Gorton engraved the Lord's Prayer within a circle .005" in diameter; the characters were .00025" high and only several millionths deep; this was in the late 1930s when the 3-U model was introduced.
Do you have any pictures?

Say, Is that snow on your car? If it is, send some my direction.:big grin:

Back