• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Emco Compact 5 Lathe And Tooling - Sold

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

SteveSkid

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Selling a well tooled Emco Compact 5 Lathe in excellent condition, clean and runs quiet. Located in Eastern PA. I would prefer local pickup and would be willing to meet half way up to a 2 hour drive as long as it is outside of the NYC area. Delivery at Cabin Fever is also possible.
$1600

Includes:
Chip Tray
Splash Guard
3 Jaw
4 Jaw
Clamping Face Plate
Collet Chuck
Safety Drive Plate and Drive Dog
Tailstock Drill Chuck
Tailstock Live Center
Tailstock Dead Center
Headstock Dead Center
Single Tool Clamp
2 Way Tool Holder
Follow Rest
Stead Rest
Change Gear Set
Cross Slide Adapter
Cut Off Blade Holder
Knurling Tool w/ 1 Set of Wheels
Original Instruction Manual
Spare Belts, Shear Pins and Change Gear Retainers

Compact5 - 1.jpg Compact5 - 2.jpg Compact5 - 3.jpg Compact5 - 4.jpg Compact5 - 5.jpg Compact5 - 6.jpg

CarlosA

What is the construction of the tailstock like on these, if you don`t mind my asking? I have been looking for something very different and better made than the Sieg style lathes. I am familiar with these, but have never seen one.

SteveSkid

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your interest. I wasn't sure so I went down to the shop and disassembled it. The barrel and screw are steel. The handwheel is plastic. The tailstock itself is die cast, it is too light to be steel but I'm not certain what it is. I did a quick Google search and couldn't determine th e material from there either. Was that helpful?

CarlosA

Yes, thank you. I was concerned about that - is it like a hollowed out piece of die-cast? I saw someone had issues with that on a proxxon pd-400. Not the end of the world anyway.

SteveSkid

Yes it die cast and hollow but it has several ribs that span the entire cavity. I haven't read of any complaining about these. Let me now if you'd like to make an offer. I have a 10: Sheldon now so I'd like to recover the space on my bench.

Steve

5 7