Electric Motor Problem

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
I received a motor for my bandsaw. I finally got around to hooking it up and it runs in the wrong direction.
It is a 110/220 induction motor with the following leads. Currently wired for 110. Can this be made to change direction ?

White & Yellow together and Red & Black together

i'm going to with no if those are the only wires

That's what I thought. Thanks anyway. Guess I will look for another motor.

Bill can you supply more information before you throw this out?

David

Some motors are difficult to reverse. Those that are put on air compressors, for example. Since they will always run the same direction, for all their life (in the mfg view) they save a couple of bucks not running the windings out where we can work them. That doesn't mean you absolutely can't, just that it's probably going to require a motor shop, and some motors aren't worth the cost/trouble. Plus many compressor motors are 3450 RPM, and that doesn't work for everything.

They are wire nutted. It was a bit larger than the one that quit. Looking at the front of the motor it turns CCW and I need CW. It is a 1hp. Will get a photo of the tag and the motor tomorrow morning.

I am not sure if I can.....will see tomorrow. I was just a bit too tired to look at much else tonight.

Back