Electric motor connection

Sorry, it was late and I just sent a picture. No, colors are not standardized.
For 220v single phase hook-up, connect as follows:
Incoming lead L1 connect directly to the Blue wire (not on switch).
Connect the rest as listed:
White to 'A'
Red to 'B'
Incoming line 2 to 'C' (L2 to 'C')
Orange to 'D'
Black to 'E'
Yellow to 'F'

Wiring.jpg

If your motor doesn't rotate in the proper direction for your switch position, just swap the Red & Black leads (Black to 'B' and Red to 'E').
The White and Orange leads can be reversed as well if you like. It doesn't matter for these two.

I just try the solution of JPigg55. Immediately when connect the motor (with switch off). The motor make noise but never turn. Never try to play with the switch. Why you are connecting orange and white wires. They are not connected on my motor diagram

Orange and white are connected for the 230v case according to the diagram you posted above

I just try the solution of JPigg55. Immediately when connect the motor (with switch off). The motor make noise but never turn. Never try to play with the switch. Why you are connecting orange and white wires. They are not connected on my motor diagram

Sorry about that, sounds like it's trying to energize motor on the blue lead only.
Make sure the Brown lead is taped/capped not connected to anything.
I'm assuming your switch has an OFF position that no contacts are made up in this position.
I also assumed you posted the wiring diagram for the new motor and not the old one.
By the diagram you posted, White, Orange , and Red should be connected for CCW rotation with Yellow and Black connected to one of the incoming power leads.
The White, Orange, and Black should be connected for CW rotation with Yellow and Red connected to one of the incoming power leads.
If your switch and motor drawings are correct, this wiring scheme should work.

PS
With a 220v hook-up, there is no Common/Ground wire as in a 110v connection.
I'm somewhat surprised the motor diagram doesn't show any ground fault wire.
A picture of the actual motor terminals might help.

Careful...common is not same as ground.

Green safety ground often is not drawn on the wiring diagram or if it is in a corner someplace indicating a connection to ground.

The common or neutral is not needed for 240 vac applications and it does connect to ground at the main entrance panel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Careful...common is not same as ground.

Green safety ground often is not drawn on the wiring diagram or if it is in a corner someplace indicating a connection to ground.

The common or neutral is not needed for 240 vac applications and it does connect to ground at the main entrance panel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Good advice.

I confirm that nothing is connecting to the brown wire. Also the diagram above (initial message) is the wiring diagram of the new motor. I was asking the question about orange and white wires because on the diagram above it says insulate. I understand not connected. Am I right?

It means connected together and taped or otherwise insulated to prevent touching ground or other wires
Mark
ps can you post a picture of the drum switch you are using? We need to see what style it is and if it has a center off position

Back