• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Eisen brand machinery?

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jpooch00

I came across Eisen Machinery Inc. on the web. Their prices on Taiwanese lathes and mills trump everybody else out there as far as I can see. And they'll even deal a little bit on their shipping quotes and total price on packages, too.

Anybody here have any experience with their 1440E lathe and/or their 9x49 mill - or this company in general, customer service etc?

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions and info.

JP

jbolt

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Also take a look at the PM-1440GT. Made in the same factory as the Eisen 1440E. D1-5 spindle with 2" bore. 12 speed. Available in single phase (2hp) or 3 phase (3hp). The stand has also been beefed up vs. the Eisen.

jpooch00

Also take a look at the PM-1440GT. Made in the same factory as the Eisen 1440E. D1-5 spindle with 2" bore. 12 speed. Available in single phase (2hp) or 3 phase (3hp). The stand has also been beefed up vs. the Eisen.
I did check PM. Was quoted $7999 + $399 shipping and weeks out VS $6649 + $399 shipping for the Eisen in single phase, plus, it includes additional items that the PM lathe doesn't and they have it in stock.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. About the same price difference on the in-stock 9x49 3 phase mill, too . Also, they offered to knock an additional $259 off for the pair if bought & shipped together. I was thinkin' that that savings could go towards an inverter for the mill.

Last edited:

qualitymachinetools

Active User
H-M Supporter - Site Sponsor
Look closely at the 2 machines, there are a LOT of differences. 2" Bore is one of the main ones. Speed range, they use chinese chucks, etc. Some pretty major differences there.

cathead

Active User
Yes, I bought a right angle milling attachment from Eisen Machinery and the price had gone up and shipping was no longer free when I ordered. They were very nice about it and honored the previous price and shipped the item for free. I would certainly buy from them again when the need arises.

jpooch00

Yes, I bought a right angle milling attachment from Eisen Machinery and the price had gone up and shipping was no longer free when I ordered. They were very nice about it and honored the previous price and shipped the item for free. I would certainly buy from them again when the need arises.

VERY welcome info! Thank you very much for posting. :)

5 7