Edward Blake No 2 Tap Grinder

I looked up the US Patent No 2209228 which is stamped into the machine and whilst this shows some differences to my example, it is possible to work out most of the operation. I shall know better when I have reassembled it and will then post more pictures.
Many thanks to all for the comments.

Making progress with the rebuild. There are still some parts missing but I doubt that they will cause me a problem although one of the parts is a wheel dresser that I have just ordered. The only pieces I have to fit are the guards over the wheels (and of course the wheeels themselves). Then to work out How to use it
Brian

P1160451.JPG

P1160458.JPG

P1160459.JPG

P1160460.JPG

P1160461.JPG

P1160469.JPG

P1160473.JPG

P1160474.JPG

P1160475.JPG

P1160476.JPG

P1160477.JPG

That looks great!

What paint did you use?

Thanks,
-brino

Thank you for your kind comments. The paint was made by a company here in England called Johnston Paints and is a solvent based oil paint. I couldn't find any gray paint so bought a small can of black and white and mixed them together.
I have some machinery paint but decided not to use it as there is no coolant involved and I will have a vacuum extractor going whilst using the machine ( when I've worked out how to use it and replaced some of the missing parts).
I doubt very much that I will use it for grinding the taper on taps but more for simple end mill and slot drill sharpening. I've also thought about fitting one of Harold Hall's grinding rests onto the other end of the grinder so that I can sharpen lathe tools etc.
I just need to clean, paint and fit the guards over the wheels and then it will be finished.

I need to correct a couple of things;
The screw threads are NF and NC plus some very fine threads.
The hand grenade logo is not the Royal Ordnance Factory.
The restoration is nearly complete and I will post more pictures when the guards are back on.
Brian

Back