eBay Arbitrage

you have to know how to search & filter through all the crap.

As far as I can tell,

A) vendors have some way to add hidden keywords, then load them up with tons of stuff unrelated to what you were searching for,

or B) eBay just randomly adds 25% or more random items to the search results.

Nothing else can explain how I can search for "5/32 carbide drill" and I get hundreds of hits on shoes, jewelry, purses, Game of Thrones DVD sets, antique toilet paper holders...

Something is screwy. I haven't had that problem, so out of curiosity I just typed "5/32 carbide drill" into the ebay search window (without quotes) and got 8 pages of 5/32 carbide drills.

Tom

Seems Ebay has become like the supply house that dominates the business...
Customer service takes a back seat to subtle ways to make more and more $$$ on each transaction...

What I was looking for... was a place to sell a bunch of surplus heating and AC parts... a local supply house closed down a couple of years ago... have some stuff I would like to pass along to someone that can use them.

THX in advance for any suggestions...
Most of it I can sell locally... a few items I need national attention (like downdraft furnaces... nobody uses them in the southeast part of the country).

I find amazon to be a little cheaper than eBay, with the added bonus of two day shipping... it's getting to a point where for all things, if it's not on amazon, I won't buy it....

I still prefer brick and mortar. I like keeping small mom and pop shops in business unless I am really getting raked.
If they all disappear then my taxes will go up, the area will be blighted where stores once were. And when I need it now, I'd have to wait 2 days or have it shipped next day. So the down side of AMAZON is very big. Remember knowledgeable people in hardware stores or speed shops. Most are gone. And the knowledge went with it. They made a living until the big box stores came in with people who were just clerks. It's sad that most will chose AMAZON, especially people like my son, over a store. It will eventually mean the end of the big box stores too. I noticed that AMAZON's pricing is higher sometimes than I can get it elsewhere. I also notice that once I had my son share his Prime account with me that the Amazon prices went up. BTW PRIME prices are higher. While you pay for the service, it's not enough, so they raised the prices. Look at some of the choices of OTHER SELLERS.. they are cheaper many times. But they don't offer FREE 2 day. many do offer free, but the 2 day shipping is where AMAZON trumps them.

Back