Easson 12B on a PM 1340 or 1440?

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
I will be ordering an Easson 12B DRO from QMT for installation on my PM1340GT.

I am looking for some "go-by" photos and/or insights on installation of a DRO on a 1340. Of course I have seen some here on the forum already but none on the Easson 12B.

Thanks for the help.

I just uncrated my 1340 with that system installed by QMT. I'm not up and operational yet but I'll get some shots and send them along if you like.

I just uncrated my 1340 with that system installed by QMT. I'm not up and operational yet but I'll get some shots and send them along if you like.
I'd like that very much and would appreciate you showing us what you acquired!

Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few shots of QMT's install on my 1340 GT. looks like the taper attachment added some additional complication. Glad I had them do it. Coolant line not yet on but will go in above the reader bracket Need to tweak the cabling once I get setup. Hope this helps.
P2035490.JPG
P2035492.JPG
P2035493.JPG
P2035494.JPG
P2035495.JPG
P2035496.JPG
P2035497.JPG
P2035498.JPG
P2035499.JPG

Nice pics MM. Will the taper attachment clear the back splash or is there some modification required for that installation?

I don't see any changes to backsplash mounting points so I guess it was engineered in. That black bracket on top attaches to the slid (the two screws shown in pictures 1 & 3) when using the taper. Looks like the scale had to be set a little lower to clear the taper unit.

Thanks for taking the photos MM. They are quite helpful and much appreciated.

You are going to get a lot of interest in the taper attachment - get ready! There was a thread put up a few weeks back asking about it and more than one commented that they wanted info.

Good luck getting all that accumpucky off your machine! Don't despair, there's only 20 pounds of it on there.

Folks, where would you prefer mounting a DRO?

One option I am considering is to use the mount that comes with it and put it on the corner like Monkman's photo above. That keeps it out of the line of fire of swarf, etc.

Alan, if you use the mounting position that I have, take note of the following. QMT drilled and tapped holes in the electrical box for this bracket. I found all the metal shavings were left inside and I carefully picked them out with a magnetic wand. (hope I got them all) See the attached photographs for how to position the holes - the bolts come very close and straddle the 24v transformer - Measure well! I'm going to use shorter bolts.
P2045502.JPG
P2045503.JPG

Thanks MM - issue noted and good catch. I am glad you spotted yours and got it cleaned up.

Your point here addresses something that I have been fretting over.

My friend Mark and I have just spent a big effort getting the new VFD control system in my lathe and of course I am not willing to put at risk any of our work. So if I choose to drill the control box top to mount the VFD, I will take the effort to protect the new control system that was put in there. I am thinking that the job can be done with some temporary shielding put in that would prevent chips getting in there or worse yet, drilling the 24vdc power supply that lives in that corner with a "Jacobs Control System" installed.

Thanks again for your help and heads-up on this.

Back