Dual Kurt D688's Plus Kurt Magnetic Jaws, Parallels, Work Stops And Vice Keys.

coolidge

Active User
Registered
I'm about to begin work on a DRO install and was wondering how I was going to support the end of some aluminum bar stock that's too long for one vice. Then Enco tempted me with a 25% off sale and I thought duh a 2nd Kurt vice. I also ordered a 2nd set of Kurt magnetic jaws, parallels, work stops, and two sets of vice keys on the advice of my brother.

Here's the new 2nd set of Kurt magnetic vice jaws, parallels, and work stops. Note how the jaws are wrapped in paper...hold that thought...

Here is a jaw from the first set I had purchased a while back but never got around to installing, does this jaw look new to you? The jaws in this first set were not wrapped in paper like the second set which I found odd at the time, coincidence? I found chips inside this jaw :burned up: Yeah Enco is getting yelled at Monday. There are few things I 'hate' in this world but paying full price for new and receiving used is one of them.

Here are the vice Kurt vice keys, I'm and instant fan I should have purchased these from the get go. They make 2 sizes, these are the stepped keys that fit a 5/8 wide T slot. Kudo's to PM also these fit right in the T slots snug, yet still loose enough to slide the vices left and right without much effort. That's right made in the USA by God! $426.75 shipped to my door direct from Kurt with the Enco 25% off sale.

Here they are mounted on the PM 935. Note the Gibraltar aluminum two position speed handles I'm a big fan of these.

X travel is 20.5 inches (without over traveling the Y ways) I spaced these 19 inches apart measured at the outside of the vice jaws so I have enough room to hang over about 3/4 inch on each side. Tomorrow I'll break out the dial indicator and see how close they are with the keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from clamping long work you'll be able to do two separate setups at once, Nice!
I have the keys on my Kurt D88 they put me within a thou of parallel.

Coolidge all you need to complete the package is some nice pin striping! To bad you can't take that puppy for a spin on Saturday night as she sure is purty!

I'm about to begin work on a DRO install and was wondering how I was going to support the end of some aluminum bar stock that's too long for one vice.

Uh, maybe take your single vise off and mount the work to the table? That is a a big investment for one job, and you may not need it again...

Bob I have multiple through holes to drill plus facing, way easier in a vice. Besides Jim will be along shortly to tell me I can just use the 2nd vice on the Haas Mini Mill 2.

Studied that picture , and kept asking myself, "Something in this picture is not right... Then it hit me like a brick. She has all the bells and whistles, complete with lipstick and rouge and is purty as could be and clean as a pin. OMG......she's a VIRGIN!

That's right made in the USA by God! $426.75 shipped to my door direct from Kurt with the Enco 25% off sale.
Pretty!

I bought one of those as well in the sale. Free truck shipping plus 25% off made it time to buy. It was waiting for me in my shopping cart when I logged in... Unfortunately, I didn't think to add a set of keys to the order.

Unfortunately, apparently the truck driver stopped by your house first... my D688 hasn't shown up yet...

Bob I have multiple through holes to drill plus facing, way easier in a vice. Besides Jim will be along shortly to tell me I can just use the 2nd vice on the Haas Mini Mill 2.

I would use both of them on the Haas, then you could buy another for the 935 :grin:

I just noticed there is no DRO on the 935 yet? Going to need to correct that.

Back