DRO

Hi, just thought I would let you know that Sino is an excellent choice. I fitted a 3x axis to my B'pt clone about three years ago. All the bells and whistles. Search for Sino SDS6-3V. Compatible glass scales are Sino KA Series. Quite easy to fit (I was a novice) and well documented instructions (a bit Chinglish though). And the big plus is they look so much better than any of the big name brands.

Just to add, I got a nice (cheap) three year old Chester (that's Grizzly to you guys) 13x whatever, fitted with the Sino SD6-2V two axis readout, and it's also top class. The detail is in the glass scale's resolution, not the display, The display will resolve to anything that it's fed and so-far having removed the scales on the cross slide on numerous occasions (to scrape and fettle the ways) the scales have been spot on, with no issues at-all. I. personally would recommend them, There are a few Youtube videos featuring them, I think one of them can be found by searching for bolt circle milling, a guy from England and he seems happy with them too. That made my mind up to get the Sino kit.

I bought a 2-axis Shooting Star (purchased but not installed) from a forum member. SS was very helpful with a couple of needed parts. I haven't used it much, but it looks really cool!

http://www.star-techno.com/index.htm

rockwell mill.jpg

+1 on service and tech support for DROPro and Shooting Star. Both good units with excellent support. I have owned both. If you are a hobbyist, they will do the job well.

Randy

HAHA... CHINGLISH !... I'm starting to get well versed in it myself.

Once you have a DRO, you'll wonder how you ever did anything without it. Makes setups and layouts so much faster and more accurate. If you ever have to mill a part from a print, you'll appreciate the ease and quicknes of getting your reference points.

Thanks to all, I'll check out the DRO's mentioned. I have some research to do.

Thanks

I went with DRO Pros and purchased their 4-axis unit for about $1,300. The 4th axis is on the Quill Feed and can be summed with the Knee axis. I LOVE this thing. It's on my "new to me" Bridgeport Series II VS mill. It does bolt circles, arcs, divides an area by x holes either straight or at any angle, has a memory for random positions / holes, etc. I've had it about a year now and have had no problems with it.

I went with DRO Pros and purchased their 4-axis unit for about $1,300. The 4th axis is on the Quill Feed and can be summed with the Knee axis. I LOVE this thing. It's on my "new to me" Bridgeport Series II VS mill. It does bolt circles, arcs, divides an area by x holes either straight or at any angle, has a memory for random positions / holes, etc. I've had it about a year now and have had no problems with it.

I to purchased from DRO Pro, went to their shop in Vacaville Ca and met with them before making the decision to buy. I have been very impressed with the quality of the unit and their support and warranty. They have the cheaper three axis unit for around $800 that uses the glass scales, or you can spend a little more and get the magnetic scales. The price is right and the quality is good.

I to purchased from DRO Pro, went to their shop in Vacaville Ca and met with them before making the decision to buy. I have been very impressed with the quality of the unit and their support and warranty. They have the cheaper three axis unit for around $800 that uses the glass scales, or you can spend a little more and get the magnetic scales. The price is right and the quality is good.

I was watching the videos at DRO and the magnetic scale looks like the way to go if you are going to put one on.

Back