DRO

Well then, gitcha' one!:rofl:

Don't need another one!

You mentioned the scale being too long. I had just the opposite problem. I needed one just the next size longer. But I made it work!

Several years go I got a couple of DRS from the drostore as well but I have issues with them.
They are fairly good on a mill but I have issues with the accuracy, especially on a lathe. When you set an axis in Imperial it does some weird rounding and seldom do you get the required dimension, it seems to be that the internal program is in metric and does a couple of conversions, with associated rounding errors, before it displays the Imperial dimension. On the z axis this isn't much of an issue as you typically have a +/-0.002 tolerance or more but bore tolerances are often much closer. I've found that for bores I usually just use the DRO for rough dimensions and the dial for fine finishing, kind of a shame but that's what I've found. The other issue is that the scales for the X-axis in a lathe should be 2 micron instead of the standard 5 micron scales but I don't know if those units support the higher resolution.

Looks like the new ones from thedrostore.com are 2 mic resolution

http://thedrostore.com/promo-3axisdro.htm

I have a Dropros setup on my RF45 clone. 3 axis with the 3rd axis on the quill. More than $400 though but real happy with it.

Same here.

Installed it first on my RF-30 clone, then transplanted it to my Bridgeport when I sold the RF-30 clone.

Had to buy and cut one of the scales due to travel distance increase.

Back