[Newbie] Dro Screens

just sold a collet chuck on ebay and going to purchase one or the other for my Burke Millrite mill. I guess I will buy the cheapest Igageing scales can you buy the scales alone or need to buy the scales and read out.

iGaging said they are currently working on something similar. no details tho. . . not yet. . .

The iGaging scales require a USB mini jack. I bought the jacks on eBay for the ridiculous price of $.99/10 , w/ free shipping. The jacks shipped from somewhere in asia and took about a month to arrive.

If you never intend to use the iGaging readouts again, you can cut the mini USB plugs and solder to DB9 connectors.

...I want my DRO scales to physically connect to a DRO display panel. No wireless Bluetooth or any tablets or using my laptop....

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by insisting on a wired connection to the display. I find the wireless aspect one of the big advantages. I have my read heads both affixed to the saddle and wired with short cables to the MSP430 in a little box mounted under the saddle. They all move together so the only cable dragged around by the saddle is a little one for 5V power. It's a very clean setup. eafd7036767ded0ae96efb89ad671f71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is a old thread , looking at your pic here lens42 wondering if you can give me any info on your DRO setup there
tks
animal

Back