[Newbie] Dro Screens

I want to do something like that and this is available, I still need to study up on it.
http://www.yuriystoys.com/p/arduino-basic-dro-controller.html
Arduino Basic DRO Controller Page Index Description Specifications Parts List Downloads Resources Arduino DRO Controller for iGaging Scales Description This is the basic version of the DRO controller built around an ATMega168 or ATMega328-based Arduino kit, such as Arduino UNO , Arduino Nano , etc. It can read up to four iGaging DigiMag and/or AccuRemote Remote DRO scales and a directional tachometer. Ryszard Malinowski has made significant upgrades to my original Arduino v3 sketch. His version...

Another otion can be found here: http://www.wildhorse-innovations.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2
I personally went with the Yuriy's Toys option for several reasons,
  1. Open source so additions and inprovements happening all the time.
  2. Has built in machine specific toolbox library.
  3. Can be used on mutiple machines. Just add another controller.
  4. Currently has 4 build options (1-Arduino and 3-MSP430) so variety of choices and large supply of cheap parts availability.
  5. Huge community so help redilly available.
  6. Can be hard wired or blue toothed.
  7. Unlimited memory. Memory can be increased by just adding a larger capacity memory card.

I built the Touch DRO setup that is described on Yuristoys. Works very good in my opinion. Go to his site and read up. For me it was a very interesting project. I got my igaging scales on sale and went with the MSP 430 board.

I have looked at Yuristoy's and I see a lot about wireless and tablets stuff like that witch I am not interested in. I guess what I'm looking for is a display that I can hook up to directly or with an interface that I can plug into then plug into the display. Something simple to do.

Outher than the 2 listed above nothing else will work with I gaging scales thatI know of.

I think what he is asking and what I would like as well is plug and play

Yes that's about it. Now I don't mind building an interface but I want my DRO scales to physically connect to a DRO display panel. No wireless Bluetooth or any tablets or using my laptop. I thought someone would have come up with a interface kit for them just so I can plugin.

Yes that's about it. Now I don't mind building an interface but I want my DRO scales to physically connect to a DRO display panel. No wireless Bluetooth or any tablets or using my laptop. I thought someone would have come up with a interface kit for them just so I can plugin.
Yuriy's Arduino interface can connect to an Android device via a USB connection. Think of the Android tablet as a general purpose display with some additional capability. For under a $100, you can dedicate an Android tablet to your machine. Aside from not having a built-in power supply, it fairly well meets your requirements.

Designing a touch screen interface to function as a DRO display from scratch would be a daunting task. Now days, the logical starting point would be a pc, most likely one of the newer tablets, anyway. This is what Yuriy has done. Anyway, it makes sense to me.

Bob

Then the wildhorse DRO 350 will do what you wan't. It comes in a kit you can get the jacks for the igaging scales. You do need a computer t load the program in it. Once it is loaded then the dro350 is a standalone display.

Back