DRO problem

springer

Active User
Registered
so ibgot my pm1340gt up and running but I am having a problem with the DRO on the cross slide. It isn't reading anywhere near what it is actually moving. It isn't a radius/diameter setting issue because it isn't moving half or double what is measured, it is measuring 4-5x the distance the slide is actually moving.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a resolution setting issue. Not sure what resolution scales you have or DRO display but you need to know the resolution of your scales & set it to match in the setting of the DRO display for each axis.

If it's reading 4-5x it sounds to me like your cross slide scale is 1um & your DRO is set to 5um for that axis.

Make sure your cables are connected to the correct axis (X axis is the cross slide), what DRO and scales (resolution) are you using? Per darkzero, most likely it is an error in the programed scale resolution, but may also be exacerbated with a radius diameter setting which only works with the X axis.

Per Will's suggestions above, sounds like your resolution is off. Here's a snippy from a generic DRO manual that may help. I guess if your Z axis is OK but your X is off, set the X axis to whatever the setting is on your Z and that should take care of it if it's the resolution setting.

Bruce

upload_2017-5-6_8-50-24.png

I have the precision Matthews DRO and it is a little different than the Eason I have on my 1236 and 932 mill. The manual with it isn't very good, I will see if I can find something similar in the setting and mess with it.

Is this the DRO that you have? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-AXIS-DRO-...279923?hash=item4d57aa9933:g:4nQAAOSw3KFWfZPG

If yes that looks just like the Meister BC-10L/M, I have the same DRO on my lathe but rebranded & different color. If the firmware is the same....

Power it off then on, when the numbers are cycling during the self test, press number 6 to get into setup. If successful it will display "EXIT" on the right side. Use the arrow keys to get to the "RESOLUTE" setting & press "Enter". If you have the same scales as listed in that ebay listing, set the X axis to 001 & leave the Z axis at 005 (001 for 1um, 005 for 5um, 010 for 10um). Save & exit set up.

Back