Dro for a Surface Grinder

skipd1

Registered
Registered
I have a nice used Harig Super 6x12 surface grinder and I would like to find an affordable DRO solution for the Z axis (rise and lower of wheel). The problem is that a single axis DRO accurate to 0.0001" is expensive and difficult to locate.
Any Ideas??
Thanks

Skipd1

Yep, a used Heidenhain VRZ181 and a LS series scale meets your requirements perfectly.
The VRZ181 reads to .00005 and is accurate to .0001.

I have an AcuRite on my surface grinder. It already had the accurate scales on it when I bought it. I just had to buy the display for it. Theres a scale on the z and the y axis. You need the 2um scales for it and a display that'll read down to .0001".

I had contact with DROPros while inquiring about trying to adapt one of their displays to my scales. They have some kits made specifically for surface grinders. I thought the price was very reasonable. Check it out: http://www.dropros.com/DRO_PROS_Grinder_Digital_Readout.htm#DPGrinder

Marcel

Have you considered an .00005" electronic dial indicator for measuring the rise & fall on your grinder? I've seen imports going for about $75 and at that price I'm planning on buying two to use on my grinder.

Matt

Back