Drill Sharpener Attachment

Donald Y

Registered
Registered
Hi guys,

I inherited an Elite tool and cutter grinder from my dad when he decided he needs the room for other items. There is an instruction manual but some details are vague at best. I have uploaded 5 photo's of the, I hope, pertinent details for the drill grinding attachment.
I also have the Norton Tool Room grinding book that shows a similar attachment on a pedestal grinder but no details on the operation and settings. It also looks like I may be missing the holder for the drill bit.
So my questions are,
What are the graduations for and do they directly relate to say a 128 degree drill bit.
Where and what part of the drill bit sits against the guide and how close should the end of the bit be to the point on the guide.
Are the numbers 13.22 on the guide important.
Are there photo's somewhere to help clarify the use of this tool.

Thanks.
Donald
Drill Sharpener--1000.jpg Drill Sharpener--1001.jpg Drill Sharpener--1004.jpg Drill Sharpener--1005.jpg Drill Sharpener--1006.jpg

Hi Donald,

Sorry I can offer no insight into how to use the device.
I just wanted to say that I'll be following along when you do get some input.

I do a better-than-fair job sharpening drill bits now, but I could always use info to improve the speed and repeatability of it.

-brino

Hello Brino,

Thanks for replying. Spent some more time looking for answers when I remembered downloading a manual for this machine. This manual has some additional information that my manual is lacking. Here are the two relevant pages. Looks like the 13.22 is a part number as the holder has a capacity of 1/2" to 1-1/2". Hopefully there is someone that remembers the scales and can share that info.

Donald019.jpg 020.jpg

Hello Brino,

Thanks for replying. Spent some more time looking for answers when I remembered downloading a manual for this machine. This manual has some additional information that my manual is lacking. Here are the two relevant pages. Looks like the 13.22 is a part number as the holder has a capacity of 1/2" to 1-1/2". Hopefully there is someone that remembers the scales and can share that info.

DonaldView attachment 99832 View attachment 99833

hello Donald,

do you own the files for the rest of the manual?
if so i would love to have them as i am searching forever.

I built a homemade version of this attachment to do up to two inch drills. It works GREAT. I just set the angles by matching it to a brand new drill. never re set after that. Biggest advantage is both flutes are exactly the same length. makes it cut better. When one side is longer the drill wants to cut oversize and take a far bigger chip on the long side so you are only using half the drill.

This attachment is real easy to use once you do one or two.

Back