Drill Chuck Key Sizes?

atlas ten

Registered
Registered
I would like to find replacement keys for some of my drill chucks. I don't think I have 2 chucks that use the same key. Is there a measurement to find the right one for my chucks?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Jack, Like you I have a mixture of drill chucks and keys, I don't believe any two are the same. I have never seen a "standard"; it's like every manufacturer does it their own way. When ever I get a random chuck key in a box of goodies I keep it hoping to one day need it, but only once have I actually had the correct one for a chuck that was missing one.

I even bought one of those four way chuck keys but it has not fit any chuck I have! Similar, but not identical to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/4-Way-Chuck-D...id=1457973162&sr=8-3&keywords=drill+chuck+key
(note the bad ratings on that one!)

Mike, That should work for real Jacobs brand chucks. Thanks for the link.

-brino

Any harder to make than a gear? I plan to get a rotory table.
Jack

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks Toolmaster, now I'm going to have to go through all of my chuck keys (and this Chuck has a lot of chuck keys to go through) just to check them against your chart. You and your chart are going to waste a lot of my time just to check if the chart is correct This coulda saved me many an hour hunting through boxes of junk trying to match chucks and keys.
I've alway been of the same opinion as Brino every chuck key is manufactured to fit only one chuck, the one it came with.;)

Back