Drill charts

i emailed Starrett. We'll see what happens!

Here is what I use, then I can just print as many as I want and put them in a drawer.

Attachments

• Drill Chart.pdf
    916.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Tap Drill Chart.pdf
    305.4 KB · Views: 65
906aa6529b4c1fc6d041def7f265ee8b.jpg

I found this on EBay for about $50. I get a little nostalgic sometimes. Maybe frivolous but I enjoy it on my wall.

Well now, this is weird, Chip. Your photo came through on Tapatalk, but not here on my PC until I quoted your post.

ON EDIT: It then appeared while I was typing my response, but once I posted, it disappeared again. It appears once more while I am editing this post, but I suspect will be gone again once I save my changes.

I have wall charts from Greenfield but the charts I use more for threading are attached below.
The Tap and Clearance is for drill sizes for tap use.
The Threadcut is for single point threading on the lathe.

If you would prefer the Tap and Clearance in an Excel format, PM me and I will email.

Jim

threadcut.jpg

Attachments

• Tap and Clearance.pdf
    123.7 KB · Views: 39
Here's one that may work for you. I recall scabbing it together from a scan of a drill chart in the CDCO catalog and a couple of scans from an old machinist text book. Gives you the decimal equivalents of fractional, letter, number and metric drills, plus the tap drills for standard metric and English threads.

Bruce
I have a weakness for simple charts, as soon as I see one I like, I print it, I just printed out the one you linked, it is simple with round off decimals . thank you for the chart .

Last edited:
Starrett does in fact still have free charts. You can obtain them on their online catalogue app.

And I found that thread depth chart online too. I saved it. I like proper poster charts, but a print out of that will have to do. It's a good reference to know where to start dialing in.

Back