Drill Bit Sharpeners?

Thanks guys this is great news, I just can't justify $1,500 for a drill bit grinder. I had connected the dots between the DD and Darex early on, and yes the V390 looks to be a metal version of the DD750. There are a great many negative reports about the DD750 but if you guys are getting good quality grinds with it I may give it a try. If it grinds bits half assed well it will get drop kicked out of the shop into the yard. I really don't have much patience for tools that fail.

Perhaps it would be more helpful to know exactly what folks with negative experiences of the DD have to share, and exactly what they felt didn't work. Please be specific.

David

Not sure what negative reviews you are seeing ? The Drill Dr 750x has 4.5 out of 5 stars with over 500 reviews on Amazon, that's very good. I think I'll try one as I have a box with about a thousand dull drills. I'll post a review here when I get it going.

I have a DD 750. It works OK after the learning curve. It does take a little bit to learn the set-up as far as the angles. I made a lot of sharp bits that would drill a hole. The relief was off just a little even though the indicators showed it to be correct..

Anybody need a drill doctor?
Worked really well, until if figure out how to sharpen by hand!

Daryl
MN

Was given a DD but do not know what version it is, but have not even used it as of yet. It was my father in laws, and I'm not sure if he every used it either, but it sat on the shelf for over 5 years. I guess I should try it I have a box full of old bits just sitting there.

Well there's a shiny new DD750x sitting on my kitchen island. I made the 24 mile trek in Friday evening traffic to go buy it, no damage to my truck from the hoards of drivers ed drop outs. Where's Jim I need someone to blame for making me go buy this.

Well there's a shiny new DD750x sitting on my kitchen island. I made the 24 mile trek in Friday evening traffic to go buy it, no damage to my truck from the hoards of drivers ed drop outs. Where's Jim I need someone to blame for making me go buy this.

I wouldn't have suggested that you go out in the Friday afternoon traffic to get it. I was going to go buy some aluminum until I looked at the clock, no way I was going to go out there!:cautious: Can't blame it on me this time.:grin:

Where'd ya have to go to get it?

Park Rose hardware was the only place that had them in stock, $139. Lowes, Home Depot, Wilco, Ace none of them stock it you have to order it online.

Back