Dremel holder

merix5

Dennis M.
Registered
I have a 12" Sears (Atlas) engine lathe, and I wanted to regrind my chuck jaws. Anyone with Dremel mount drawings for this? Thanks, D.

Something like My proxxon clamp for the toolholder. Pics should be inspiring enough I think. It fits right at the place for My toolbits.
IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

If you want a pic fully see in action mounted you'll have to wait when I rebuild My milling table back to the lathe function after My current job is done . I can mount à dremel like tool so you can see the whole setup on the lathe.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

IMG_1652.JPG

Last edited:
Erm something went weird during the insert of the latest pics. Post it Again.

View attachment 238960
da980da8a4044fbe4661f9c69458da34.jpg

I need to make à treaded bus for the other one. None of the brands are exacly matching except for their own brand.
I have 4 differend brands of those mini tools and none has the same shaft. They are close but mostly the tread and or diameter is off by 1 or 2mm.
The one I have can do all but with adapter.

Something like My proxxon clamp for the toolholder. Pics should be inspiring enough I think. It fits right at the place for My toolbits.
View attachment 238953

View attachment 238955

If you want a pic fully see in action mounted you'll have to wait when I rebuild My milling table back to the lathe function after My current job is done . I can mount à dremel like tool so you can see the whole setup on the lathe.

Thanks, that is just what I wanted to see. I don't use an Aloris, I use a 4 square, but the concept is identical.

Great.

Although I like the mounted styles everyone has shown me, I decided to make a simple aluminum block type that mounts to the t slot on the compound rest with a 3/8" t-nut for rigidity. While I'm here, let me change the subject and stress how important it is to NEVER buy a cheap Chinese drum switch. Mine lasted exactly one year before it started welding itself little non contact pads, now I have to buy a Square D.

Depending on the depth of the jaws and the size of the bore, you might consider using a Dremel flexible shaft mounted in the tool holder something like this.
IMG_1108.JPG

Yeah indeed forgot it to mention and would be able to caption it also since I have 2 here. The small dremel one and à normal 6 mm (1/4 ") one for à default drill.

Back