Dp100 restoration

vanessaloya81

Registered
Registered
Hi I'm new to all this and was hoping I could get a few suggestions as to what oil to use when drilling into metal so the bit won't over heat and after I remove all the rust and before i paint her up what oil, grease and/or rust preventer should I use? I can't find any info online for this model. Thanks
2d3c449b6e2cec339a1d24ac791c45dc.jpg

vanessa

vanessa---the most important advice for drilling into metal is a good sharp drill bit and the correct speed for size of bit---I very seldom use oil when drilling in metal unless it is a very deep hole---larger bits than 3/8" should be slower speed--smaller than 3/8" should be faster speed ---after drilling some holes with a good sharp bit you will get the feel of drilling without the bit getting hot---sometimes you can use some cutting oil for help in harder materials---faster speed for smaller bits--slower speed for larger bits----when drilling with a sharp bit you need to keep enough pressure to keep the drill cutting---you can back it up and clean out the hole if it is a deep hole---hope this helps about drilling holes---as far as your machine you have--- we need more information on it for your restoration questions---Dave

Thanks, I'm going to make myself a welding table and also a small welding shed, the frame I plan to be using will be out of 2 3/8" oilfield drilling pipe and corrugated sheet metal for the exterior

vanessa

And the drills info is as follows; ryobi 5 speed 10" bench drill press 1/2" chuck. Induction motor 120v 60HZ 1/4HP 5.9amp phase1 KW 0.18 pole4 RPM 1720 classA. From what I found online it was manufactured in 1997..

vanessa

Back