Don't throw that Dewalt box away

tplankar

Registered
Registered
Since it was cheaper to buy new screw guns than replace the batteries on my 3 Dewalts, I amassed 3 hard cases and 3 guns. With Ridgid's new deal of lifetime warranty and lifetime battery replacement it became a no-brainer on which to buy. But, Ridgid's 2 guns come in a canvas bag which is not going to last. With a few minor adjustments, the Ridgids fit nicely in the old Dewalt hard cases. The bag still holds the charger and a few miscellaneous bits.

Ridgid Tool.jpg

I hate them plastic boxes, no room to store anything in there. :holdphone:I tried cutting out all the embossed plastic inlay on one once but they're usually attached to the bottom. I miss the days of the metal boxes where you could put every tool bit and accessory you need, right in the same box. I actually prefer the canvas bags because there's more room inside, but they don't last as long. I have quite a few canvas bags that I've had for over 7 yrs now and they get used and kicked around the truck almost daily. Not all canvas bags are created equal though, some of them are crap.

Sorry man, didn't mean to pee on your parade.:LOL:

I agree somewhat, but the guns were getting beat up, and if you look closely one handle already has a rip. I still use the bag for the charger and incidentals which doesn't take quite as much abuse.

I just tossed about 10 DeWalt hard cases. Too bulky.

I don't like the cases either, I use the tool bags.

I get the parts I need off ebay and rep[air my dewalt batterys. I have the big set with both saws flash lite and 2 guns,

One of the guns can also be used as a hammer drill.

I've used that one to loosen stuck bolts and nuts.

Paul

My Dewalt boxes hold all mill clamps bolt nuts thats all...

Back