Don't Look That Way, You Know That's A Good Price

ericc

Active User
Registered
The fellow pricing these at a garage sale said I should know I was getting a good deal. I was, since I was going to get the big V block and some parallels anyway. I wasn't looking for adjustable ones, but these will work out. Saved me from ordering.

By the way, does anyone know what the v block with the large center hole is for? A clamp?20160910_083537.jpg

I'd say you got a very good deal . Could be for a clamp or just hollowed out because it started out as a casting . I'm seeing some really nice stuff there . Whats in the red boxes ?

That block with a V and hole in it is sometimes times called a “watchmakers anvil” or clockmakers anvil. And you did gooooooood!

I'd say you got a very good deal . Could be for a clamp or just hollowed out because it started out as a casting . I'm seeing some really nice stuff there . Whats in the red boxes ?
The red boxes likely contain adjustable parallels, look like Starrett.

Yes. They contain Starrett adjustable parallels. I'm glad I delayed purchasing the import set that I was looking at.

That block with a V and hole in it is sometimes times called a “watchmakers anvil” or clockmakers anvil. And you did gooooooood!

Hi. I thought of this as a staking block. I'll save it until I need to work on a watch. Thanks!

Back