Does It Exists, 3 Axis Display 4 Igaging Dro?

The Launchpad should come with the chip already. You don't need to buy one. There is Google+ community, "TouchDRO Beta Testing", that might be a good place for questions if Yuri is too booked to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is Google+ community, "TouchDRO Beta Testing", that might be a good place for questions if Yuri is too booked to answer.

I posted there a few weeks ago asking about "Absolute DRO" scales. Besides someone clicking a "+1", haven't heard a thing.

There was a response form Yuri about absolute DRO scales some time ago. You may need to search the Google group or his website.
In any case, the Absolute DRO scales are not yet supperted, if I remember correctly. Yuri didn't have any at the time to analyse the protocol.

I don't think it will be very difficult to get them to work with the system. It is probably just a matter of how build a circuit for it. I would not be surprised if they did work. I just don't think anyone has tried them yet. Have you checked what voltage the output signal is at?

There was a response form Yuri about absolute DRO scales some time ago.

I would not be surprised if they did work. I just don't think anyone has tried them yet.
Yuri did post that Absolute DRO scales will not currently work with Touch DRO
Another person replied with this:
"At a minimum, the Absolute DRO has a 2KHz clock. But, changing the clock freq isn't enough.
The data line is severely attenuated with a 5.6K PD resistor. The original display unit has a 100K PU resistor, so this will require a schematic change to match."

I posted a while back saying that if I can source an absolute igaging scale I will make the sustenance work with it (16 years as an embedded designer for consumer electronic devices). Problem is that they cannot be sourced here in south Africa.

So if someone wants to buy one and send it to south Africa as a bounty I am happy to work on it.

I am currently working on an alternate arduino code that will work with the current scales as well as the Chinese ones.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I got the MSP430 wired up with a couple of questions. one I used the ground that is next to the connection for the break out board Vcc Gnd Gnd for the ground for the blue tooth wireless ground is that ok? to test and load the firmware I just need to plug the board in with a mini USB cable to usb on the computer and load it up?? and the last question is I need to hard wire a 5 volt wall wart to the + 5V and ground behind the mini usb on the board for power when in use?? Sorry about all the details but this is all new to me. thanks so much ED

You do not need to wire in a separate power supply. I use the mini USB to USB line with a wall pkug for a cell phone charger. Just avoid generic ones that may have power fluctuations. It does not matter what ground you use for the bluetooth card. To load the firmware can be tricky as the method has changed since the directions were originally written. Use the directions written out by "Brian dantz" near the bottom of the comments. His method was very helpful.
http://www.yuriystoys.com/2013/09/how-to-upload-firmware-to-msp430.html?m=1

Thanks MAIcocer for your help, that makes it simple, I will be one happy guy when it its up and running. so it all lights up and flashes, then I went to the Brian Dantz portion and could not find the zip file he metions SLAC435C only ones that come up is 435F and 437C so I am at a stand still till for now, will try it tomorrow afternoon and see if it makes more sense. thanks f

Back