Does It Exists, 3 Axis Display 4 Igaging Dro?

Pinresto

Active User
Registered
I've been looking but have had no luck. It looks like wildhorse innovations had/has a beta kit version. Didn't find any specifics on their site. I don't mind making one if someone sells a kit. I have three of the absolute igaging dros for my mini mill. It would be nice to have one display along with some functions of a 3 axis display. I know yuris(sp) site talks about a bluetooth 3axis display for a tablet. It's has some instructions and a parts list but it's a bit over my head. I'm no stranger to soldering and electronics in general but when they start talking about programing Im lost.
Thanks

I am following you here. I just order 2 igaging type DRO's with the stainless steel scales. I just got them have not mounted them would like in the future to do the yuriy upgrade and in the same position as you. done a lot of soldering a little electronics. see what others have done. Nice if someone made up these kits.

I'm in the same situation you are the blue tooth programing thing is beyond me. I also am looking for a display for the iGaging DRO. But have not had much luck. I've asked the same question and received a lot of replies about how I'm doing myself a great injustice in not going with Bluetooth setup. But no help in locating a display that can be used. I really don't want my laptop near my lathe or mill and wireless connections are slower then wired and can have interference issues.

I've been looking but have had no luck. It looks like wildhorse innovations had/has a beta kit version. Didn't find any specifics on their site. I don't mind making one if someone sells a kit. I have three of the absolute igaging dros for my mini mill. It would be nice to have one display along with some functions of a 3 axis display. I know yuris(sp) site talks about a bluetooth 3axis display for a tablet. It's has some instructions and a parts list but it's a bit over my head. I'm no stranger to soldering and electronics in general but when they start talking about programing Im lost.
Thanks
Yuriy's TouchPro display for Bluetooth Android devices is actually fairly simple to implement. He has step by step pictures of the assembly process for the adapter that are fairly foolproof. As I recall, there are only about a half dozen external components to connect, two voltage divider resistors to drop the voltage to 3 volts for the iGaging pickup boxes and three pull down resistors on the signal lines.

There is no programing to do. The app is downloaded to your Android device and you have to set a scale factor for each scale in the setup but that's about it.

If you run into problems, I'm sure there are enough of us who can help you through.

HOWEVER, THE iGaging ABSOLUTE SCALES DO NOT WORK WITH YURIY'S ADAPTER. At least, not when I last checked. You need the aluminum backed scales.

Bob

I have no interest in going with a Bluetooth setup. That's why I want a wired display. I just can't afford a more expensive DRO setup at this time. If I could get an interface that I could connect to an old PC I have I'd do that but no blue tooth.

Yuriy's TouchPro display for Bluetooth Android devices is actually fairly simple to implement. He has step by step pictures of the assembly process for the adapter that are fairly foolproof. As I recall, there are only about a half dozen external components to connect, two voltage divider resistors to drop the voltage to 3 volts for the iGaging pickup boxes and three pull down resistors on the signal lines.

There is no programing to do. The app is downloaded to your Android device and you have to set a scale factor for each scale in the setup but that's about it.

If you run into problems, I'm sure there are enough of us who can help you through.

HOWEVER, THE iGaging ABSOLUTE SCALES DO NOT WORK WITH YURIY'S ADAPTER. At least, not when I last checked. You need the aluminum backed scales.

Bob

According to the software guy helping me, the absolute DROs still do not work with the Touch DRO.

Last edited:
OK, now you have me wondering. I do that a lot. What functions does a DRO readout provide that the individual readouts that come with the iGaging units not provide?
Unless you're doing automated feeds etc, all I need to know is what is the current X,Y,Z position of the mill cutter. I have several calculators immediately available for any
calculations that I need to make, why pay for such features on a readout? I know it looks snazzy, but just gang your three digital readouts that came with the measuring system on a panel and there you have it. I must be missing something. Can anyone explain, then I can smash the palm of my hand against my forehead and utter DUH!

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Shars or Discount Machine (ebay) sells one piece wall wart powered displays for 2 or 3 axis' they have a button to go to diameter don't know anything about them have only seen a picture and listing.
I thought I read that Igaging remote DID work with with Yuri's setup?

There are three families of Igaging readers and scales.
1. The original with no name, aluminum frame, works with Touchdro, least accurate (.002" per 6") $
2. Accuremote, stainless steel frame, works with Touchdro, better accuracy (.0015" 1st 6", about .0005" for each additional 6") $$
3. Absolute, also stainless, better displays, does NOT work with Touchdro (yet?) even better accuracy reported, but damned if I can find actual numbers $$$

Yuriy has said he now has one of the Absolute scales and is working to decode the protocol. With luck it will be a software fix for the
controllers (T430, Aurdino), but he has not published any results yet, so the Absolute scales are not a good idea.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a set of Igauging from David and really like them for what I do. The displays are bit small and hard to see for my old eyes. I would love to have a nicer display but not interested in wireless. I was told that Yuri's display could be hardwired but I can't figure out how. And I really need a plug-n-play system. Hopefully someone has a simple solution and will post it here.

Last edited:
Back