Does Anyone Recycle Their Chips?

I save all my aluminum and brass chips for the backyard foundry.
Steel and cast chips get saved in 5gallon pails. My local steel supplier has a large bin into which he puts his drops (cut off unsalable pieces).
I just don't like sending it to the landfill, and the wife doesn't like me storing the swarf in the living room carpet.

Daryl
MN

Wow, Thanks everyone for the good feedback. Billy G, that would make for some nice Christmas presents. :)

Thanks Bob, One of the advantages of having a large volume of chips.

Joe

Tony spoke with words of wisdom and I totally concur with what he said. Recyclers in my neck of the woods could care less about a 5 gal bucket of steel chips or low volume transactions. The other metals, maybe they would want it, but you won’t get rich, you will get frustrated. And when you started to think you are saving the planet from more landfill. You wind up wondering if it was all worth it after the scraper gives you the shaft. I now put the chips in the recycle can…Dave.

Thanks Dave, Has you trash pickup folks ever complained about the chip? Here is California, they put nasty little red notes on your recycle bin if you put things in the recycle bin you are not suppose to.

Billy G, It sounds like you need a new project to work on? :)

Joe

:shhh: Nah, need to get back to the old ones not completed. See you at the Radial Thread. I can hear Gator coming. LOL

"Billy G"

Back