Does Anyone Have A Craftsman 109 Or Atlas 101?

birdmech

Registered
Registered
Good morning all, my name is Chris. So, I'm new to machining and it's cool to find a group of people to talk to. I am an engine and machine builder. I also make pottery and pretty much work with anything that catches my eye. I hope to be a master builder one day, leave this jack behind. I have been learning repair and building of parts enough to move onto the next step. I am just finishing my forge today and can't wait to start casting parts. I'll be starting with the easy aluminum, or aluminium for our English brethren (we all know how pecky they can get when we pronounce things weird. Lol, I have English friends and we never miss a jab. Btw, on a funny note, the guy who found aluminum, made the proper name alum(um), then changed it to aluminium because it sounded nice! And they get on us for pronunciation!)
So, I saw these old school Craftsman and Atlas machines and someone raised around old people, I have a love for all things cast. Reminds me of growing up. I don't have a lot of cash; but if someone has one laying around they look perfect for getting started. I'll have to find some dials for machining small pistons, cylinder walls and cranks; but I think it'll be a good start. If anyone has one laying around in pretty good shape with all the parts, I'd love to give it a good home. Thanks again for making this place. I look forward to the craft.
Chris

Back