Doall Bandsaw

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just purchased a DoAll. Going to pick it up Saturday. Don't know a lot about it yet, other than it has a welder and feed for the table. Stands about 84" tall. I bought not knowing a lot about it other than what one of the operators had told me it was an excellent saw.
I'll get some pictures on the weekend.
Martin W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 16" Doall with a welder and feed as well I have the manual if you need some info

Thanks guys
Any idea what it would weigh? I have an 18 foot box truck with a 2000 pound lift gate. I was hoping to use the lift gate if they can't put it in with a lift truck. I have a lift truck on my end at home. Can't wait to get it here and clean it up.
The book he gave me is from 1943. Not sure if that is the age of the saw?
Are there tags for year of manufacture? Are there oil reservoirs that need to be checked? This has sat for twenty or so years with out being used.
Cheers
Martin W

It is around 1000lbs. Your lift should handle it. There should be a brass plate under the speed indicator. The first two numbers indicate the year of manufacture. I would love to get a copy of your manual since I have a 43.

Thanks NCJeeper,
Not sure if it's a manual or not. It's a hardcover book with advertisements and how to,s on cutting and stuff on a bunch of their models. Maybe 75 -100 pages. When I get it all home I could send you some pictures or maybe mail the book to you to peruse and copy if you like.
Martin W

Mine has gone up and down the liftgate several times no problem. Mine is a 16-2 not sure on year I would guess mid 60s. The wt on mine was a tad over 1000# as stated above. PM me if you need the literature

Pictures to come Saturday
Martin W

Back