Destroying a "MYTH"

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
I saw it again this morning. The "Stupid Question" thingie.

"Stupid Question" A myth stuck in the mind of the person asking a question. As in, "I have another "Stupid Question"? They do not exist, nada, zip, zero, etc. How in the heck are you going to get an answer if you don't ask? One more time folks, "Stupid Question" is a myth, especially on this Forum.

"Billy G"

Yeah, like Bill said.

:thumbsup:

There is a Stuart Pid in MN. So in short his name is Stu Pid. If your are asking a question about Stu Pid that would be a StuPid question. So, not necessarily a complete myth.:))

There is a Stuart Pid in MN. So in short his name is Stu Pid. If your are asking a question about Stu Pid that would be a StuPid question. So, not necessarily a complete myth.:))

Humor noted. Thank you. :applause:

"Billy G"

In your post the word your is incorrect. It should be you're as in you are. It's just a typo right? No biggie.

I agree, they are NO stupid questions, but there are "stupid" answers.

I agree, they are NO stupid questions, but there are "stupid" answers.

On this Forum, nothing is stupid, neither question nor answers.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct there are and I've already heard two of them in this thread. I didn't post this thread to accomplish anything but to erase the myth.

"Billy G"

If one doesn't ask one learns the answer the hard way. I have asked my bosses questions about their prints and sketches to be sure the job is done correctly.

When I didn't sometimes problems popped up. I scrapped a bunch of small turret parts because I misread the tap size on the print. For some reason the print was written in decimal instead of number size. I simply misread the print. ASK

No such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know or have been given an old wives tale then you should ask to dispel the bad info and get the gospel in a nice and genuinely helpful way. Please. please, please do not hesitate to ask before you get hurt or ruin a piece you have many hours invested in making!!!!! You have my personal guarantee you will get a timely and correct answer and will never be mistreated for asking. We deal with rude and snide remarks quick and definitively. I can make them go away forever because they all know better.

Bob

I've heard "the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked". I remember sitting in a classroom hoping someone would ask the question to which I needed an answer. That was stupid on my part.

Agreed (and thank you): there are no stupid questions or answers here.

Back