Descisions On 1340gt

cgmaster

Registered
Registered
Back in December 2014 I ordered a 1440TS lathe from PM. The delivery of the lathe ran longer than expected due to the strikes in California so I ended up having to buy another lathe since I was falling behind. Matt let me transfer my deposit over to a 1340GT. The lathe is finally in. The lathe is finally in only problem is that I purchased another tool room lathe and don't need this lathe and do not have room.

I got a near perfect toolroom lathe that will do almost everything and more than likely will hold much tighter tolerances. I can't detect any movement or runout even with a .00005 indicator. The distance through the headstock is a little 1onger than I would like since I do barrels through the headstock and it does not have a taper attachment.

The only advantage of the 1340 is that I can get a taper attachment and the short distance through the headstock.

I wouldn't mind having both and keep one setup for chambering and barrel work and the other set up for receiver work. I don't think I have enough work to keep both busy and I will be crowding my shop up and have a heavy expenditure on tooling to set up a 3rd lathe. (I also have a 17x60 lathe)

I am heavily thinking of selling the 1340 since the deposit is not refundable and I don't know if I would have that much of a use for this lathe.

Back