• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Derbyshire Elete - what's it worth

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

B Driscole

Iron
Registered Member
I have a Derbyshire Elete. I have about 60 collets. Hope the photo come through. Been setting it up to neck trim brass. I would like to get an idea of what its worth? Bob

20170114_122721.jpg

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
No idea on the value, but it sure is cute. Mike

VSAncona

Active User
That's a nice lathe. I have a smaller Derbyshire lathe and have always admired that model. It looks like it would be a lot more useful than the one I have.

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
I have a Derbyshire Elete. I have about 60 collets. Hope the photo come through. Been setting it up to neck trim brass. I would like to get an idea of what its worth? Bob

View attachment 143728
Derbyshire makes good lathes (they're even still in business). The value is hugely dependent on condition. It's tough to tell from the picture, but if the lathe is pristine (as well as the collets), probably worth north of $1k depending on tooling (a complete set of pristine collets can run $1k). I paid $1600 a few years ago for a Boley-Leinen lathe, but it was extremely well tooled--full set of as-new collets, dead/live centers, etc.

Here's another place to check values:
http://www.watchtoolsonline.com/Lathes_c7.htm

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
With all that is there it could easily go for $2K or more. I lean toward MORE.

"Billy G"

chips&more

Active User
Using an active Buy-It-Now listing like from fleaBay IMO is a poor judgement of value. It ONLY shows what the seller wants and NOT what the world will pay. A much better price realization is to check the completed listings in fleaBay.

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
My intent was NOT to show him what the world will pay. There are many priced lower on ebay.. It was to show the OP what some are priced at. I also detest the words flea bay. JMHO.

"Billy G"

FOMOGO

Active User
The awarded moniker "Flea-Bay" is not totally undeserved, but I do buy from them. Selling, if not on a large scale, can be costly, and a less than satisfying endeavor. Mike

5 7