Delta Dp-600 Drill Press Restoration (photo Intensive)

Great work, don't be afraid to get it dirty! Brian

Great work, don't be afraid to get it dirty! Brian

To tell the truth, I can't WAIT to get it dirty. My shop is a working shop, and the drill press is far and away the prettiest thing I own. Gotta get it used so it looks like everything else (but still works like new). :grin:

GG

My friend, the graphic artist, came through for me on a replacement name plate. The original name plate had been removed and replaced with a plain piece of aluminum. Unfortunately, the only artwork available for the name plate was very low resolution, and he couldn't make a good color replica from it. He made an engraved stainless steel name plate for me instead. I like it!

GG

20160709_164657.jpg

That turned out really well. You should be proud. I didn't see any area you skimped on, so like you said....many more years of service, and the satisfaction that you gave it a new life.

Nice work. This caught my I as I also recently acquired one. Mine had the long #2 MT spindle and was 3 ph. All I have in it is a VFD and keyed chuck and like it a lot. My table is a little bit out front to back and I was wondering if you noticed any way to adjust this when you had yours apart?

Where can I buy the spindle bearings for a similar machine? Are other parts available? I'm taking ownership of a similar
Delta DP soon and would also like to tackle a complete restoration. Thanks. Great work! Did you check the spindle TIR?

I bought my bearings at: Bearing Headquarters in Elk Grove, IL. The number is: 847-640-6490. Talk to Jay. The bearings are unusual, but available. It's an older style, and if you order by numbers alone it won't be what you want. Give Jay the number and close-up photos of the bearing. If you tell him it's for a Delta drill press, he may even remember mine. Good luck with your project!

Sent using Tapatalk from someplace deep inside the garage

Back