Decisions, Decisions

I already have a rotary table. Bought an 8" from a friends co-worker when his dad died. He cleaned out a bunch of machinery before I found out he was selling stuff. But I got the rotary table and a 4" vise from him for $25

Another vote for the DRO. I've had my current Bridgeport going on 20 years. It came from a high school shop without either the DRO or power feed. I did fine for nearly a dozen years without either. Then came the 2012 presidential campaign. I had a couple large jobs to get done so I spent a lot of overtime hours in the shop.

It seemed that in the early evening hours all the solicitors thought it was time to ask for votes. I was getting upwards of 50 calls a day from one or another campaign. I wanted to just let the phone ring, but then I might miss a call from a customer or supplier. Several times a day I would stop what I was doing only to hear another line of campaign BS. Several times I forgot to write down the coordinates I stopped the mill at, so I had to retrace my steps.

I finally gave up and made the decision to buy a DRO. Then it wouldn't matter where I stopped, everything would be saved on the screen. I ended up buying a DRO Pros Electronica EL400 with magnetic scales:

http://www.dropros.com/Electronica_...m#Electronica_Magnetic_Scale_2_Axis_Mill_Kits:

The best part is that when I was talking to them on the phone they guaranteed that the installation of one of their readouts would end all political calls for a minimum of 90 days starting November 7th. I was hesitant to believe them, but it did work. I didn't get another political call for another year. It even had residual value in that I didn't get more than a handful of calls during the 2016 election campaign. Best money I ever spent.

As for the power feed, I still haven't invested in one. It's on the list, but the priority has fallen down somewhat. Now it's a "nice to have" but not mandatory accessory.

The best part is that when I was talking to them on the phone they guaranteed that the installation of one of their readouts would end all political calls for a minimum of 90 days starting November 7th. I was hesitant to believe them, but it did work.

LOL! Thanks for that........

My Tree 2uvr has x feed built in. No one makes an y or z drive for so I put a dro pros magnetic scales 3axis unit on it. Imho get a dro you won't regret it

Well the DRO is out and maybe the power feed if I can't fix the one someone is sending me. Ran out of money til aafter the holidays. Will see then if I can come up with enough to get the DRO.

I don't have either , would like the DRO, but neither is a show stopper right now.

Back