Dayton Rotary Table Worth Having?

Hope it is not made in India. A few years back, I bought a mail-order 8" rotary table through Harbor Freight. Turns out that it appeared to hand made in somebody's backyard in India. Some of the parts were damaged in shipping I supposed. Ordered replacement parts thru HF & received about 6 weeks later. Must have been made in a different backyard, the new pinion shaft was straight but a larger diameter, which was okay, it needed to be. Also had to re-scrape the base to table mating surfaces as the table top face was out of parallel with the base bottom by 0.007"
Almost forgot to mention ... stuff from India needs to completely disassemble & thoroughly cleaned before any use, to get the dirt, sand & chips out.

In your case, with this Dayton brand table, hard telling where it was made. Also, be aware that industry wide, rotary tables are sized by the actual round rotating table diameter, not a base length or width. This tells me that the sellers are not machine tooling competent.

MSC/Enco sells decent rotary tables in the price ranges you are looking at.

Good Luck,

Amigo

Forgot to mention, that the 7 7/8" dia. RT India made priced at $365 is silly. The going rate for an India made 8" table is in the $165 to $185 range and that includes indexing plates.
PS.........those India made index plates are story too.

Back