Dad's Toolbox

jrkorman

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
When he passed quite some years back now there was one thing of his that I wished to have; This toolbox. Since I always remember it, he must have got it in the 50s. It was almost always in the car for trips; I fixed bikes, ours and friends with the tools in that box. I'm sure that some of the dents are mine, some of the grime I'm sure has been there for 50 some years! Dad taught me how to fix things, that box was always there. So now when I use it, so are those memories. Miss You!
20180617_203446.1.jpgToolBox_2.jpg

My dad did not have a tool kit like that, there were some miscellaneous tools about, 'tho, enough to allow me to take things apart, never to reassemble--- where did I get my mechanical ability? God only knows! I had one ancestor who was a California steamboat captain in the 1850s, and mom's father, a British "master plumber"; as I said, God only knows, and he aint saying ---- but if I may meekly add, I was so blessed.

nice.
have tools from my real dad, grandad and great grandad and always feel them looking over my shoulder when i'm using them.
got spokeshave from grandad i use when making walking staffs and there are times i can still feel his hands over mine like when he was teaching me as kid

I can still hear my Dad hollering "Mark! Where is my (screwdriver, plier, awl, hacksaw, etc.) ?"
:big grin:

My Dad asked me several times before he passed, "I wish you would take a salary for taking care of your Mom and I. Why don't you pay yourself for your troubles?" I never even gave it a thought. I'd just tell him "I'm getting all your tools. That more than enough."

I use his tools all the time, whether a file here, a saw there, or an eye loupe, and never forget who's used them before me.

Back